Pasadena Digital History Collaboration (PDHC) is a cooperative partnership with Pasadena City College Shatford Library, Pasadena Museum of History, Pasadena Public Library, and other community partners. Together we are discovering and illuminating Pasadena’s rich historical heritage.
The mission of PDHC is to assemble, digitize, and make web-accessible historical documents and artifacts that represent Pasadena’s heritage for the benefit of both the local community and researchers world-wide.
PDHC meets it mission by:
- Supporting the digitization needs of local heritage organizations in Pasadena
- Sustaining a usable, viable, accessible, and relevant online collection
- Promoting preservation awareness and appreciation for local history through community outreach
- Developing sustainable training, life-long learning opportunities, and access tools related to digitization, local history, and preservation for the Pasadena community
- We serve as a model for libraries, archives, museums, and other nonprofit cultural and community institutions interested in collaborating across institutions to make local history more accessible to the general public.
PDHC makes no assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use.